Integra Technical Questions and Tips Tech discussion for all things Acura Integra

Break question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 01:38 PM
BiH
n00b

Default Break question

:wtf: OK i got a 1990 acura integra with abs, my car has a master cylider and a abs cylider. What my problem is the break seems to drop to the floor every once in a while, and also all the fluid from the master cylinder goes into a abs cylider over a period of a time. I was told to check for any leaks of break lines or anything like that and i did all the lines are mint and go inside the car so i didnt notice any leaks. Could it be the master cylinder? Any help would be great.. Thank you
Old 05-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Special Edumacated

i had same problem amir. Then it got to the point where my brake pedal was all way down to floor and brakes didnt work at all. Its Your master cylinder or your brake booster check for like corrosion, The reason why is once yur master cylinder goes or brake booster it leaks and you can tell rite away what the problem is. Or u could have water or air in your brake lines. That caused mine to go.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Time to become a Premier Member!

If your brake pedal goes to the floor when your rest your foot on it. Then bleed the brake lines first.

If it goes to the floor after bleeding it's your brake master cylinder.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:12 PM
n00b

How do you bleed the brakes?
Old 06-03-2006, 02:36 PM
BiH
n00b

Master cylider replaced problem solved ..

Originally Posted by forsale_ottawa
How do you bleed the brakes?

Get a person to pump the breaks from inside the car about 4 times and hold them down, while another person goes to the break caliper there should be a nipple turn the nipple untill fluid comes out. Close the fitting and tell your buddy to pump the breaks again 4 times and just keep repeting these steps to all 4 break calipers untill you find your breaks to be nice and hard ..